This restaurant’s rustic elegant atmosphere is enhanced by soaring ceilings of Douglas fir timbers, floor-to-ceiling rundlestone fireplace, high back leather chairs and formal table settings. Patrons are treated to stunning golf course and Mount Lady Macdonald views through immense windows and from the serene cobblestone patio. A private room seats up to 12. In the kitchen, Canmore’s “Iron Chef” awarded Stefan Mahon and his team are best known for their Canadian Prime grade steaks. Rustica is a Where Magazine “One of Canada’s Best New Restaurants” former winner.
- Rustica serves best grade Canadian Prime beef, rated above AAA; only the top 0.3% of beef is Prime. Flavourful and tender steaks are prepared with house-made dry rub, and broiled at 1500°F.
- Starters: Mediterranean tomato salad, Caribbean crab cakes, soup of the day, poblano pesto prawns, cedar planked brie, charcuterie platter for two
- Canada Prime Steaks: New York, Prime rib chop, filet mignon, chateaubriand, mixed grill (tenderloin, ribs, prawns); with optional crab, lobster tail or prawns
- Not So Beefy: braised Kerala lamb shank with Indian spices, brandy marinated duck confit, chicken supreme stuffed with goat cheese, spinach and tomato ragout, baby back ribs, wild mushroom ravioli with lemon sherry cream sauce, honey glazed Cuban lobster tails, chef’s seafood feature
- Sides for the Table: sweet potato fries, grilled asparagus, sautéed crimini mushrooms, baked truffle penne, honey glazed broccolini, potato bravas
- Sauces and Butters: hollandaise, port wine reduction, brandy peppercorn, horseradish Dijon, foie gras, blue cheese, black truffle, mushroom
- Desserts: warm apple pie sundae, vanilla crème brûlée, black rice martini, deep-fried ‘Mars’ Bar