Just off main street in downtown Canmore is this little gem of a sushi restaurant. While intimate, the dining room seems spacious with both high and low tables and plenty of natural light pouring through large windows. In the open kitchen the chef creates tasty Japanese cuisine including specialties like the ‘Three Sisters’ outside rolls; representing Canmore’s iconic triple peak mountain, each is piled high with salmon, ahi poke and shrimp salad. Order off the menu or pick dishes from the buffet, where ready-to-eat sushi and appetizers await and plates are colour coded based on price.
- Appetizers: miso soup (traditional Japanese soup with tofu and seaweed); edamame beans (boiled and salted green soybeans); spring rolls; potato croquette (fried potato roll); seaweed salad; gyoza (fried Japanese dumplings); deep fried chicken
- Nigiri Style Sushi (two pieces): salmon; tuna; shrimp; red snapper; surf clam; tamago; shiitake mushroom; inari; ahi tuna; octopus; BBQ eel; mackarel; ahi poke; black pepper tuna; creamy scallops; smoked salmon
- Roll Style Sushi (six pieces): avocado and cucumber; asparagus; spicy shrimp salad; salmon skin; cucumber; jumbo (regular, vegetable or shrimp); California; shrimp California; spicy tuna; salmon and avocado; deep fried shrimp; eel and cucumber
- Special Sushi: salmon and mango; salmon and cream cheese; eel and avocado; salmon roe; Three Sisters (salmon, ahi poke, shrimp salad); Yuki (deep fried shrimp, avocado, cucumber, smoked salmon)
- Desserts: cream puffs and green tea ice cream
- Delivery available from $5
- Canmore Sushi Club (8 Industrial Place; from 5 pm): 10-item salad and appetizer bar (normally $15, child $8) is included with all sushi plates ($18 to $28) and kid’s plate ($10); add miso soup or rice ($2 each)